Pages

3.11.2009

On My Mind!

As of late...finances have been a big thing in our home. Both business and personal, trying to figure out how to make things work in this "recessing" economy. I am continually trying to find new ways to save money. Here are a few we have implemented:
  • Garden - the brethren aren't telling us to plant gardens because they find it amusing! I see the wisdom in this advice more and more each day. Everyone, YES, everyone, should and can have some sort of garden...if you need advice, I have lot's to give, I have been doing tons of research on this these days! It's so important to rely less on commercialism these days...besides, nothing can beat the pride, yes pride, of being more self sufficient!
  • Homemade Laundry Soap and Household cleaners - I can't even tell you how much I am saving by doing this. Not to mention, I am eliminating all those harsh chemicals from my home, which is good for me, my kiddos, and the earthy! It cost's me $2.00 to do 650+ loads of laundry, how can you compete with that? Did you know you can clean your entire home with things you already have in your pantry? Seriously!
  • NO MORE FAST FOOD - I admit, this one has been really hard for me (you've seen the pictures, you know I love food...a little too much) But holy cow, I feel so much better when we don't eat out...no kidding. It feels good physically, I never know it could affect me like that, and financially, my pocket book is much fatter without spending money on all that "bad for me" food.
  • No Satellite - also a very hard one, but let's face it, it's ALL trash anyway. Just think of all the time you could save without the TV hogging all your time. I didn't watch much TV until the boys were in bed(that was how I would unwind), but now I quite frequently find myself bored, wondering what to do with myself now that there is no DVR to watch. I might actually start getting things done! Imagine that! (I have loads of time at night to be productive by myself with the hubster being gone all the time...I don't sleep well when he's gone)

The bottom line...things are changing whether we like it or not...so how do you save money? I would love all your wisdom in this matter, I'm sure there is much more to be learned!

P.S. As if we didn't live far enough away from family...we are moving to Brazil!

P.S.S. J/K...? I hear life is much simpler down there...

2 comments:

J N H said...

I almost just lost it just then!! BRAZIL? Heavens no Morgan. But I love all your ideas...how do you wash your clothes? Anyway, I mostly buy all my cleaning supplies and etc at the dollar store, brand names don't matter to me. It all cleans the same way :)

Nathan and Alyssa said...

Your ideas are so great. I'm still going to use your laundry recipes. I'm just waiting for my other cleaners to run out. I shared them with my sis in-law, and she appreciated it. We need to cut the fast and junk foods, too. It costs too much! Thanks for sharing your wisdom!

A little ditty here...a litty ditty there...what ever we feel like sharing.