Pages

12.02.2009

..Dishwasher Drama..

It's Ronnie's daily chore to unload the dishwasher. This he knows.

Driving home from the store, I remind him that when we get home, he needs to quickly unload the dishwasher so I can do the dishes. I emphasize quickly because typically, it takes a good half hour and multiple reminders for him to stay on task.

5 minutes into the process this conversation ensues...

Ronnie, finish unloading the dishwasher please.

I don't want to.  I'm tired.

Okay, would you like to go to bed then?  (It's only 6:00pm)

Yes.

Are you sure? That means you are in trouble.

Yes. I'm tired.

Okay.  Go on up to bed, I'll see you in the morning.

I do the dishes.

Several minutes after completing the chore I hear...

Mom, I changed my mind.  I don't want to go to bed.  Can I do the dishes?  (Gee, how'd I know he wasn't really tired?)

The dishes are done.

Can I load the dishes?

Already loaded.

Can I switch the laundry?

There's no laundry to switch.

Can I fold the laundry?

(Where is this coming from? I'm totally floored! Maybe he needs to go to bed early more often.) 

Nothing to fold.

But Ryland doesn't have to go to bed yet!

Ryland wasn't asked to do the dishes.  You chose to go to bed.

NO FAIR! Dramatic pouting and face pulling.

I know.  Bummer! Go back to bed.

Peace and quiet 2 hours earlier than normal!

Now the question is...

What time will he wake up?

Bummer!

No comments:

A little ditty here...a litty ditty there...what ever we feel like sharing.